Buick LaCrosse: MP3 Format
There are guidelines that must be met, when creating an MP3 disc or the CD might not play.
The guidelines are:
• Sampling rate: 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz.
• Bit rates supported: 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 160, 192, 224, 256, and 320 kbps.
• Maximum number of folders is 255 with a maximum hierarchy of eight folders.
• Maximum of 1024 files on a disc.
• Recorded on a CD-R or CD-RW with a maximum capacity of 700 MB.
• The Artist/Album/Song Titles/Genre information requires a CD to be fully scanned before the music navigator works with these menus. Disc scanning does not occur when the disc is being played.
When an MP3 is loaded in the player, MP3 displays.
If a disc is already loaded, but you are currently on a map screen or listening to a different audio source, press SOURCE to switch to the disc source. A track number appears on the display when each track starts to play.
To play a disc:
TUNE/(Play/Pause): Use to start, pause, or resume play of a loaded disc.
(Next/Forward): Press to seek to the next track. Press again to continue moving forward through the disc.
Press and hold to advance quickly through playback. Release the button to return to playing speed.
Elapsed time displays.
(Previous/Reverse): Press to seek to the beginning of the current or previous track. If the track has played for less than five seconds, it goes to the previous track. If longer than five seconds, the current track restarts. Press again to continue moving back through the disc.
Press and hold this button to reverse quickly through playback.
Release the button to return to playing speed. Elapsed time displays.
• Enter the menu system.
• Highlight a menu option.
• Select a value.
• Select or activate the highlighted menu option.
• Confirm a set value.
• Turn a system setting on or off.