Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Air Conditioning Compressor Replacement (1.6L LDE, LXV, and 1.8L 2H0)
- Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Rec . overy and Recharging.
- Remove drive belt. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Disconnect the A/C compressor electrical connector
- Remove compressor hose assembly. Refer to Air Conditioning Compressor and Condenser Hose Replacement.
- A/C Compressor Bolt (Qty: 3)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
Tighten 22 N·m (16 lbf ft)
- A/C Compressor Assembly
- Use a low viscosity, poly-alkylene glycol (PAG) oil. Use of the incorrect oil can result in compressor failure.
- When replacing the A/C compressor, balance the compressor oil. Refer to Air Conditioning Compressor Oil Balancing
- Using GE 39400-A detector leak test A/C compressor fittings.
GE 39400-A Electronic Halogen Leak Detector
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Rear Axle Replacement
Special Tools EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. Removal Procedure Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle. Remove the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and ...
Dome Lamps The dome lamp controls are located in the headliner. : Press to turn the lamps off, even when a door is open. : Press to turn the lamps on automatically when a door is opened. : Press to turn on the dome lamps. Reading Lamps The reading lamps are located in the overhead con ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling. Disconnect the negative battery cable.