Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Exterior Windnoise
Warning:Refer to Assistant Driving Warning in the Preface section.
Exterior windnoise is louder when the vehicle is driven with one or more windows down. Exterior windnoise occurs when air passes over the body panels, the seams, or the openings. Use the following items during the test drive in order to aid in the detection of leaks:
- Mechanic's stethoscope or heater hose
- Masking tape-51 mm (2 in) width
- Strip caulk
- A water soluble marking pencil
- While driving, determine the location of the exterior windnoise by lowering one window at a time. If the location corresponds with the condition in step 2, pull over and make a temporary repair with 51 mm (2 in) wide masking tape.
- Tape over the gaps and the moldings one at a time. Test between each taping. Taping over the gaps and moldings will correct the condition.
- Temporarily repair the condition with masking tape. Adjust the tape when needed.
- Continue testing in order to determine if the noise has been eliminated or other leak areas exist.
- When all the reported leak conditions are located, make permanent repairs using the proper alignment techniques and the sealing materials.
Tracing Powder or Chalk TestClean the weatherstrips and the contact surfaces with cleaning solvent. Apply powder or chalk in an unbroken line to the contact surface of the weatherstrip surrounding the perimeter of the sus ...
Interior WindnoiseWarning: Refer to Assistant Driving Warning in the Preface section. Interior windnoise is not heard when the window is lowered. Interior windnoise is caused by the air leaving the inside of the veh ...
Front Floor Panel Carpet Replacement
Preliminary Procedures Remove front seats. Refer to Driver or Passenger Seat Replacement. Remove rear seat. Refer to Rear Seat Replacement. Remove the front floor console. Refer to Front Floor Console Replacement. Remove front sill panels. Refer to Front Side Door Sil ...
Instrument Panel Overview 1. Exterior Lamp Controls Front Fog Lamps Instrument Panel Illumination Control 2. Air Vents 3. Headlamp High/Low-Beam Changer Turn Signal Lever. Driver Information Center (DIC) Buttons. 4. Instrument Cluster 5. Driver Information Center (DIC) 6. Steering Wheel ...
Engine Oil Pressure Light
Notice: Lack of proper engine oil maintenance can damage the engine. Driving with the engine oil low can also damage the engine. The repairs would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Check the oil level as soon as possible.