Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Wheel Stud Replacement
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation.
- Remove the wheel bearing/hub. Refer to Rear Wheel Bearing and Hub Replacement.
Caution: Support the brake caliper with heavy mechanic wire, or equivalent, whenever it is separated from its mount and the hydraulic flexible brake hose is still connected. Failure to support the caliper in this manner will cause the flexible brake hose to bear the weight of the caliper, which may cause damage to the brake hose and in turn may cause a brake fluid leak.
- Release the wheel stud (1) from the bearing hub with the hydraulic press and discard the stud.
- Install a NEW stud into the bearing/hub assembly (2). Add enough washers (3) in order to draw the stud into the hub.
- Install and tighten a wheel nut (1) until the head of the wheel stud is fully seated against the back of the bearing/hub flange (2).
- Remove the wheel nut (1) and the washers (3).
- Install the wheel bearing/hub (2). Refer to Rear Wheel Bearing and Hub Replacement.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation.
- Remove the support and lower the vehicle.
Rear Axle ReplacementSpecial Tools EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. Removal Procedure Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and ...
Align the rocker inner panel. Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the quarter outer panel as noted from the original panel. Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding. Position the rocker inner panel on the vehicle. Verify the fit of ...
For vehicles with cruise control: : Press to turn the cruise control system on and off. RES/+: Move the thumbwheel up to resume a previously set speed or to accelerate. SET/−: Move the thumbwheel down to set a speed or to make the vehicle decelerate. : Press to disengage cruise contro ...
Rear Side Door Stationary Window Replacement
Preliminary Procedures Remove the rear side door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Replacement. Remove the rear side water deflector. Refer to Rear Side Door Water Deflector Replacement. Remove the rear door window outer sealing strip.