Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Drivetrain and Front Suspension Frame Skid Plate Replacement
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove the mounting bolts (1) for the front suspension frame skid plate.
- Remove the front suspension frame skid plate (2).
- Position the front suspension frame skid plate (2) on the frame.
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Install the front suspension frame skid plate mounting bolts (2) and tighten to22 Y (16 lb ft)
Scrub Radius Description
Ideally, the scrub radius is as small as possible. Normally, the SAI angle and the centerline of the tire and the wheel intersect below the road surface, causing a positive scrub radius. With struts, the SAI angle is much larger than the long arm/short arm type of suspension. This allows the S ...
Rear Side Door Window Weatherstrip Replacement (Hatchback)
Rear Side Door Window Weatherstrip Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedure Remove the rear side door window . Refer to Rear Side Door Window Replacement. 1 Rear Side Door Window ...
Tread Wear Indicators Description
The original equipment tires have tread wear indicators that show when you should replace the tires. The location of these indicators are at 60 degree intervals around the outer diameter of the tire.