Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Master Cylinder Reservoir Filling
Refer to Brake Fluid Irritant Warning.
Refer to Brake Fluid Effects on Paint and Electrical Components Caution.
- Visually inspect the brake fluid level through the brake master cylinder reservoir.
- If the brake fluid level is at or below the half-full point during routine fluid checks, the brake system should be inspected for wear and possible brake fluid leaks.
- If the brake fluid level is at or below the half-full point during routine fluid checks, and an inspection of the brake system did not reveal wear or brake fluid leaks, the brake fluid may be topped-off up to the maximum-fill level.
- If brake system service was just completed, the brake fluid may be topped-off up to the maximum-fill level.
- If the brake fluid level is above the half-full point, adding brake fluid is not recommended under normal conditions.
- If brake fluid is to be added to the master cylinder reservoir, clean the outside of the reservoir on and around the reservoir cap prior to removing the cap and diaphragm. Use only GM approved brake fluid from a clean, sealed brake fluid container.
Liftgate Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (Hatchback)
Liftgate Emblem/Nameplate Replacement Callout Component Name 1 Liftgate Emblem/Nameplate Assembly Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution. Procedure The part and surface should be 2 ...
License Plate Lamp
Lamp Assembly Bulb Assembly Bulb Socket Bulb Lamp Assembly To replace one of these bulbs: Push the left end of the lamp assembly toward the right. Turn the lamp assembly down to remove it. Turn the bulb socket (1) counterc ...
Backup Lamp Switch Replacement
Backup Lamp Switch Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedure Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.