Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Seat Belt Service Precautions
If the vehicle has been in a collision, refer to Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision for additional information.
- Do not bleach or dye the seat belt webbing. Use only the following items in order to clean the seat belt webbing:
- A mild soap and water solution
- A soft brush or cloth
- Keep sharp edges and damaging objects away from the seat belts. Avoid bending or damaging any part of the seat belt buckle or the latch plate. Replace any seat belts which are cut or damaged in any way.
- Use only the correct seat belt anchor bolts/screws and tighten the anchor bolts/screws to the correct torque value. Refer to Fastener Tightening Specifications. When installing seat belt anchor bolts, start the bolt by hand to ensure that the bolt is threaded straight.
- Some seat belts and retractors require service as a set, with service replacement parts only. Do not attempt to repair to individual components that require service as a set.
- Verify that the replacement part number is correct for the vehicle at that seating position. Do not substitute a seat belt from a different seating position.
Headlining Trim Panel Replacement (Sedan without Sunroof)
Headlining Trim Panel Replacement Callout Component Name Warning: Do not attempt to repair or alter the head impact energy-absorbing material glued to the headliner or to the garnish trims. If the material is damaged ...
Timing Belt Replacement
Special Tools EN-6333 Timing Belt Tensioner Locking Pin EN-6340 Camshaft Locking Tool For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. Removal Procedure Note: If the timing belt is being replaced due to the maintenance schedule interval, then the timing belt t ...
Manual Seats To adjust a manual seat: Pull the handle at the front of the seat. Slide the seat to the desired position and release the handle. Try to move the seat back and forth to be sure it is locked in place. See Seat Adjustment.