Chrysler 200: E-85 Usage In Non-Flex Fuel Vehicles
Non-FFV vehicles are compatible with gasoline containing 10% ethanol (E10). Gasoline with higher ethanol content may void the vehicle’s warranty.
If a Non-FFV vehicle is inadvertently fueled with E-85 fuel, the engine will have some or all of these symptoms:
• operate in a lean mode
• OBD II “Malfunction Indicator Light” on
• poor engine performance
• poor cold start and cold driveability
• increased risk for fuel system component corrosion
To fix a Non-FFV vehicle inadvertently fueled once with E-85 perform the following:
• change the engine oil and oil filter
• disconnect and reconnect the battery
• drain the fuel tank (see your authorized dealer)
More extensive repairs will be required for prolonged exposure to E-85 fuel.