Hyundai Elantra: Air conditioning
All HYUNDAI Air Conditioning Systems are filled with environmentally friendly R-134a refrigerant which does not damage the ozone layer.
1. Start the engine. Push the air conditioning button.
2. Set the mode to theposition.
3. Set the air intake control to the recirculated air position. However, prolonged operation of the reticulated air position will excessively dry the air. In this case, change the air position.
4. Adjust the fan speed control and temperature control to maintain maximum comfort.
When maximum cooling is desired, set the temperature control to the extreme left position then set the fan speed control to the highest speed.
- While using the air conditioning system, monitor the engine temperature gauge closely while driving up hills or in heavy traffic when outside temperatures are high. Air conditioning system operation may cause engine overheating. Continue to use the blower fan but turn the air conditioning system off if the engine temperature gauge indicates engine overheating.
- Opening the windows in humid weather while air conditioning operates may create water droplets inside the vehicle. Since excessive water droplets may cause damage to electrical equipment, air conditioning should only be used with the windows closed.
Air conditioning system operation tips
- If the vehicle has been parked in direct sunlight during hot weather, open the windows for a short time to let the hot air inside the vehicle escape.
- To help reduce moisture inside of the windows on rainy or humid days, decrease the humidity inside the vehicle by operating the air conditioning system.
- During air conditioning system operation, you may occasionally notice a slight change in engine speed as the air conditioning compressor cycles. This is a normal system operation characteristic.
- Use the air conditioning system every month only for a few minutes to ensure maximum system performance.
- When using the air conditioning system, you may notice clear water dripping (or even puddling) on the ground under the passenger side of the vehicle. This is a normal system operation characteristic.
- Operating the air conditioning system in the recirculated air position provides maximum cooling, however, continual operation in this mode may cause the air inside the vehicle to become stale.
- During cooling operation, you may occasionally notice a misty air flow because of rapid cooling and humid air intake. This is a normal system operation characteristic.
- If you operate air conditioner excessively, the difference between the temperature of the outside air and that of the windshield could cause the outer surface of the windshield to fog up, causing loss of visibility. In this case, set the mode selection knob or button to the position and fan speed control to the lower speed.