Hyundai Elantra: Emission control system
The emission control system of your vehicle is covered by a written limited warranty. Please see the warranty information contained in the Owner’s Handbook & Warranty Information booklet in your vehicle.
Your vehicle is equipped with an emission control system to meet all emission regulations.
There are three emission control systems which are as follows.
(1) Crankcase emission control system
(2) Evaporative emission control system
(3) Exhaust emission control system
In order to assure the proper function of the emission control systems, it is recommended that you have your car inspected and maintained by an authorized Hyundai dealer in accordance with the maintenance schedule in this manual.
Caution for the Inspection and Maintenance Test (With Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system)
- To prevent the vehicle from misfiring during dynamometer testing, turn the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system off by pressing the ESC switch.
- After dynamometer testing is completed, turn the ESC system back on by pressing the ESC switch again.