Hyundai Elantra: Towing service
If emergency towing is necessary, we recommend having it done by an authorized Hyundai dealer or a commercial tow-truck service. Proper lifting and towing procedures are necessary to prevent damage to the vehicle. The use of wheel dollies or flatbed is recommended.
It is acceptable to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels on the ground (without dollies) and the front wheels off the ground. If any of the loaded wheels or suspension components are damaged or the vehicle is being towed with the front wheels on the ground, use a towing dolly under the front wheels.
When being towed by a commercial tow truck and wheel dollies are not used, the front of the vehicle should always be lifted, not the rear.
- Do not tow with sling-type equipment. Use wheel lift or flatbed equipment.
- Do not tow the vehicle backwards with the front wheels on the ground as this may cause damage to the vehicle.
When towing your vehicle in an emergency without wheel dollies :
1. Set the ignition switch in the ACC position.
2. Place the shift lever in N (Neutral).
3. Release the parking brake.
Failure to place the transaxle shift lever in N (Neutral) may cause internal damage to the transaxle.