Hyundai Sonata: Engine start/stop button position
To turn off the engine, press the engine start/stop button with the engine start/stop button in the ON position and the shift lever in P(Park). When you press the engine start/stop button without the shift lever in P(Park), the engine start/stop button does not turn to the OFF position, but turns to the ACC position.
When you turn off the engine, the vehicle should be stopped.
In an emergency situation while the vehicle is moving, you can turn off the engine and turn the engine start/stop button to the ACC position by pressing the engine start/stop button for more than 2 seconds or 3 times successively within 3 seconds. If the vehicle is moving, you can restart the engine without pressing the brake pedal by pressing the engine start/stop button with the shift lever in the N(Neutral).
Press the engine start/stop button while it is in the OFF position without depressing the brake pedal.
The electrical accessories are operative. If you leave the engine start/stop button in the ACC position for more than 1 hour, the battery power will turn off automatically to prevent the battery from discharging.
Press the engine start/stop button while it button is in the ACC position without depressing the brake pedal.
The warning lights can be checked before the engine is started. Do not leave the ON position if the engine is not running to prevent battery discharge.
To start the engine, press the brake pedal and press the engine start/stop button with the shift lever in the P(Park) or the N(Neutral) position.
For your safety, start the engine with the shift lever in the P(Park) position.
• If you press the engine start/stop button without depressing the brake pedal, the engine does not start and the engine start/stop button changes as follows :
OFF -> ACC -> ON -> OFF • If you leave the engine start/stop button in the ACC or the ON position for a long time, the battery will be discharged.
• Never press the engine start/stop button while the vehicle is in motion. This would result in loss of directional control and braking function, which could cause an accident.
• Before leaving the driver’s seat, always make sure the shift lever is engaged in P (Park), set the parking brake fully and shut the engine off. Unexpected and sudden vehicle movement may occur if these precautions are not taken.
• Never reach for the engine start/stop button, or any other controls through the steering wheel while the vehicle is in motion. The presence of your hand or arm in this area could cause a loss of vehicle control, an accident and serious bodily injury or death.
• Do not place any movable objects around the driver’s seat as they may move while driving, interfere with the driver and lead to an accident.
Starting the engineWARNING Always wear appropriate shoes when operating your vehicle. Unsuitable shoes (high heels, ski boots, etc.) may interfere with your ability to use the brake and accelerator pedal. 1. Carry ...
Selecting the Right Engine Oil
Selecting the right engine oil depends on both the proper oil specification and viscosity grade. See Recommended Fluids and Lubricants. Specification Use and ask for licensed engine oils wi ...
How to Wear Safety Belts Properly
This section is only for people of adult size. There are special things to know about safety belts and children. And there are different rules for smaller children and infants.