Kia Optima: Tire and loading information label
The label located on the driver's door sill gives the original tire size, cold tire pressures recommended for your vehicle, the number of people that can be in your vehicle and vehicle capacity weight.
Vehicle capacity weight:
410 kg (904 lbs.)
Vehicle capacity weight is the maximum combined weight of occupants and cargo.
Total : 5 persons
(Front seat : 2 persons,
Rear seat : 3 persons)
Seating capacity is the maximum number of occupants including a driver, your vehicle may carry. However, the seating capacity may be reduced based upon the weight of all of the occupants, and the weight of the cargo being carried.
Do not overload the vehicle as there is a limit to the total weight, or load limit including occupants and cargo, the vehicle can carry.
We do not recommend using this vehicle for trailer towing.
The cargo capacity of your vehicle will increase or decrease depending on the weight and the number of occupants and the tongue load, if your vehicle is equipped with a trailer.
Steps For Determining Correct Load Limit -
1. Locate the statement "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbs.'' on your vehicle's placard.
2. Determine the combined weight of the driver and passengers that will be riding in your vehicle.
3. Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers from XXX kg or XXX lbs.
4. The resulting figure equals the available amount of cargo and luggage load capacity. For example, if the "XXX" amount equals 635 kg (1400 lbs.) and there will be five 68 kg (150 lbs.) passengers in your vehicle, the amount of available cargo and luggage load capacity is 295 kg (650 lbs). (635-340 (5 x 68) = 295 kg or 1400-750 (5 x 150) = 650 lbs.)
5. Determine the combined weight of luggage and cargo being loaded on the vehicle. That weight may not safely exceed the available cargo and luggage load capacity calculated in Step 4.
6. If your vehicle will be towing a trailer, load from your trailer will be transferred to your vehicle. Consult this manual to determine how this reduces the available cargo and luggage load capacity of your vehicle.
Refer to your vehicle’s tire and loading information label for specific information about your vehicle's capacity weight and seating positions. The combined weight of the driver, passengers and cargo should never exceed your vehicle's capacity weight.