Kia Soul: If the engine will not start
If engine doesn't turn over or turns over slowly
1. If your car has an automatic transaxle, be sure the shift lever is in N (Neutral) or P (Park) and the emergency brake is set.
2. Check the battery connections to be sure they are clean and tight.
3. Turn on the interior light. If the light dims or goes out when you operate the starter, the battery is discharged.
4. Check the starter connections to be sure they are securely tightened.
5. Do not push or pull the vehicle to start it. See instructions for "Jump starting".
WARNING - Push/pull start
Do not push or pull the vehicle to start it. Push or pull starting may cause the catalytic converter to overload and create a fire hazard.
If engine turns over normally but does not start
1. Check the fuel level.
2. With the ignition switch in the LOCK position, check all connectors at the ignition coils and spark plugs. Reconnect any that may be disconnected or loose.
3. Check the fuel line in the engine compartment.
4. If the engine still does not start, call an authorized Kia dealer or seek other qualified assistance.