- When the wiper lever is in the
position and the ignition is switched ON, the wipers may move automatically in the following cases:
- If the windshield above the rain sensor is touched or wiped with a cloth.
- If the windshield is struck with a hand or other object from either outside or inside the vehicle.
- Keep hands and scrapers clear of the windshield when the wiper lever is in the position and the
ignition is switched ON as fi ngers could be pinched or the wipers and wiper blades damaged when the wipers activate automatically.
- If you are going to clean the windshield, be sure the wipers are turned off completely (when it is most likely that the engine is left running) this is particularly important when clearing ice and snow.
- Do not spray water in the engine compartment. Otherwise, it could result in engine-starting problems or damage to electrical parts.
- When washing and waxing the vehicle, be careful not to apply excessive force to any single area of the vehicle roof or the antenna. Otherwise, you could dent the vehicle or damage the antenna.