Mazda 3 Service Manual: Car Navigation Unit Removal/Installation
With Audio Unit (Without Display)
Car-navigation unit is integrated with the multi information display.
1. Refer to MULTI INFORMATION DISPLAY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.
With Audio Unit (With Display)
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
2. Remove the following parts:
a. Upper panel.
b. Shift knob (MTX).
c. Selector lever knob (ATX).
d. Shift panel.
e. Side wall.
3. Remove clips A and B.
4. Remove the clip C.
5. Remove the pad.
6. While pressing the clip tabs in the direction of arrow (1) shown in the figure, press the clip in the direction of arrow (2) to detach the tab of clip D from the console.
7. Remove the clip D.
8. Move the car-navigation unit assembly in the direction of arrows (1) and (2) shown in the figure and remove the hook.
9. Remove the car-navigation unit assembly.
10. Remove the wiring harness from the bracket hook.
11. Disconnect the connector.
12. Pull the wiring harness from the console.
13. Remove the screws.
14. Remove the car-navigation unit from the bracket.
15. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Car Navigation UnitPurpose Reads the SD card data inserted into the car-navigation unit and sends the read data to the audio unit. Function The car-navigation unit has the following functions: ...
Electric current A (ampere) Electric power W (watt) Electric resistance ohm Electric voltage V (volt) Length mm (millimeter) in (inch) ...
Volume adjustment Turn the commander switch volume dial. The volume switch on the steering switch can also be pressed. Display setting Select the icon on the home screen to display the Settings screen. Select the tab to select the item you would like to change. Display OFF/Cloc ...
Do not push-start your Mazda. WARNING Never tow a vehicle to start it: Towing a vehicle to start it is dangerous. The vehicle being towed could surge forward when its engine starts, causing the two vehicles to collide.