Mazda 3 Service Manual: Climate Control Unit Removal/Installation [Manual Air Conditioner]
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
2. Remove the following parts:
a. Upper panel.
b. Shift lever knob (MTX).
c. Selector lever knob (ATX).
d. Shift panel.
e. Side wall.
g. Front scuff plate.
h. Front side trim.
i. Dashboard under cover.
j. Glove compartment.
k. Hood release lever.
l. Lower panel.
m. Center panel.
n. Audio unit.
o. Shower duct (driver-side).
3. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Climate control unit
(See Climate Control Unit Removal Note.)
(See Climate Control Unit Installation Note.)
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Climate Control Unit Removal Note
1. Disconnect each wire to links and remove it to the wire clamps.
2. Pull out the air mix wire and airflow mode wire from the dashboard.
Climate Control Unit Installation Note
1. Pass each wire through the hole on the dashboard as shown in the figure.
2. Route each wire as shown in the figure.
3. Connect the climate control unit connector.
4. Connect each wire to links and install it to the wire clamps.
5. Verify that the dial is turned fully from one end to the other.
Condenser Inspection1. Inspect the condenser for cracks, damage, and oil leakage. If there is any malfunction, replace the condenser. 2. Visually inspect the fins for clogging of foreign material. I ...
Starter Cut Relay Inspection [MTX]
Advanced Keyless Entry And Push Button Start System Only 1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. 2. Remove the following parts: a. Front scuff plate (LH). b. Front side trim (LH). c. Side wall. d. Console. 3. Set the bonnet release lever out of the way.. 4. Remove the lower panel.. ...
Recording of Vehicle Data
This vehicle is equipped with a computer which records the following main vehicle data related to vehicle controls, operation, and other driving conditions. Recorded data Vehicle conditions such as engine speed and vehicle speed Driving operation conditions such as accelerator and brake pe ...
Automatic Transaxle Shift Mechanism Removal/Installation
Selector Lever Removal/Installation 1. Remove the battery cover.. 2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.. 3. Remove in the order indicated in the table. 4. Install in the reverse order of removal.