Mazda 3 Service Manual: Front Seat Back Component [Vehicles Without Power Seat System] Removal/Installation
Handling a front seat (with built-in side air bag) improperly can accidentally operate (deploy) the air bag, which may seriously injure you. Read the service warnings before handling a front seat (with built-in side air bag)..
After removing a front seat, do not operate the slider lever. If the slider lever is operated, the left and right slide positions will deviate, and the slide adjuster may be damaged after the front seat is installed.
Verify that there are no malfunctions in the sliding mechanism after installing a front seat.
When performing the procedure with a front seat removed from the vehicle, perform the procedure on a clean rag so as not to damage or soil the seat.
When the passenger's seat is removed, perform the seat weight sensor inspection using the M-MDS after installing the passenger's seat..
When the passenger's seat is replaced with a new one, perform the seat weight sensor calibration using the M-MDS..
1. Switch the ignition to off.
2. Remove the battery cover..
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait1 min or more
4. Remove the front seat..
5. Remove the headrest.
6. Remove the side cover..
7. Cut the band securing the wiring harness.
8. Disconnect the side air bag connector and seat warmer connector (Vehicles with power seat system).
9. Remove the bolts and nut, then remove the front seat back component.
10. Install in the reverse order of removal.