Mazda 3 Service Manual: Headliner Removal/Installation
1. Shift to the D (ATX) or 4th gear (MTX) position. (4SD)
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
3. Remove the rain sensor cover. (Vehicles with auto light/wiper system).
4. Disconnect the rain sensor connector. (Vehicles with auto light/wiper system)
5. Partially peel back the seaming welts.
6. Remove the following parts:
a. Sunroof seaming welt (vehicles with sunroof)
b. A-pillar trim.
c. Front scuff plate.
d. Rear scuff plate.
e. B-pillar lower trim.
f. Upper anchor of the front seat belt.
g. B-pillar upper trim.
h. Rear seat cushion.
i. Tire house trim.
j. Trunk side upper trim (5HB).
k. C-pillar trim.
l. Map light.
n. Assist handle.
7. Disconnect the microphone connecter. (Vehicles with headliner installation type)
8. Disconnect the roof wiring harness connector and remove the roof wiring harness connector clip from the body.
9. Disconnect the rear washer hose. (5HB)
10. Remove the fasteners.
11. Take the headliner out from the opened front passenger-side door. (4SD)
12. Take the headliner out from the opened liftgate. (5HB)
13. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Roof Molding Installation1. Install the roof molding to the front T-stud. 2. Hook the roof molding to the clip and attach the roof molding while pressing it in the direction of the arrow shown in the figure. 3. Inst ...
Turning the Engine Off
WARNING Do not stop the engine while the vehicle is moving: Stopping the engine while the vehicle is moving for any reason other than in an emergency is dangerous. Stopping the engine while the vehicle is moving will result in reduced braking ability due to the loss of ...
Flywheel Inspection [C66 M R]
1. Remove the flywheel.. 2. Perform the following procedures to inspect the flywheel. If there is any malfunction or it exceeds the maximum specification, replace the flywheel.. a. Inspect the surface that contacts the clutch disc for scratches, nicks, and discoloration. ...
Thermostat Inspection [Mzr 2.0, Mzr 2.5]
1. Remove the thermostat.. 2. Visually check that the thermostat valve is closed. 3. Place the thermostat in water. WARNING: During inspection, the thermostat and water are extremely hot and can cause severe burns. Do not touch the thermostat and water. 4.