Mazda 3 Service Manual: Oil Seal (Control Valve Body) Replacement [Fw6 A EL]
1. Remove the battery cover..
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
3. Remove the air cleaner component..
4. Disconnect the control valve body connector.
5. Remove the hose clamp.
6. Cut the oil seal using a utility knife as shown in the following illustration.
Do not damage the transaxle case.
Do not damage the control valve body coupler connector.
To prevent foreign matter penetration, clean the oil seal part before cutting the oil seal.
7. Using a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver, remove the oil seal from the transaxle case.
Remove the oil seal by tapping the tip of a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver on the inner circumference surface A area of the oil seal.
8. Temporarily install the oil seal (control valve body) by hand.
9. Using theSSTs
and a hammer, install the oil seal (control valve body) so that it is not tilted and there is no height difference between the transaxle case surface and the end surface of the oil seal.
When installing the oil seal (control valve body), do not mistakenly hit the control valve body connector with the hammer. Otherwise the control valve body connector could be damaged making it no longer waterproof.
10. Install a new hose clamp to the position shown in the figure.
If the hose clamp is reused it could cause ATF leakage, therefore use a new hose clamp.
Install the hose clamp tab to within the range shown in the figure.
Install the hose clamp so that it does not interfere with the top and bottom flanges of the oil seal to maintain the waterproofing integrity.
11. Connect the control valve body connector.
Make sure that your hand does not touch the terminal as the connector terminal could be damaged.
Verify that there is no fluid or foreign matter adhering to the connector before connecting the connector.
Insert the connector straight as the connector terminal could be damaged.
Rotate the connector lever until a click is heard.
12. Install the air cleaner component..
13. Connect the negative battery cable..
14. Install the battery cover..
Voice Recognition (Type B)
In this section, the basic operation of the voice recognition is explained. Activating Voice Recognition Press the talk button. Ending Voice Recognition Use one of the following methods: Press the hang-up button. Say, “Cancel”. Operate the commander switch or the center display (only ...
Manual Shift Mode
The manual shift mode gives you the feel of driving a manual transaxle vehicle by allowing you to operate the selector lever manually. This allows you to control engine rpm and torque to the drive wheels much like a manual transaxle when more control is desired. To change to manual shift mo ...
Chart symbols: I: Inspect: Inspect and clean, repair, adjust, fill up, or replace if necessary. R: Replace L : Lubricate T: Tighten Remarks: *1 Use of FL-22 is recommended when replacing engine coolant.