Mazda 3 Service Manual: Quarter Window Glass Removal
1. Remove the following parts:
a. Rear seat cushion.
b. Rear scuff plate.
c. Tire house trim.
d. Trunk side upper trim.
e. C-pillar trim.
2. Apply protective tape along the edge of the body and the quarter window glass.
For the areas of the sealant that are difficult to cut, use the piano wire and follow the procedure under “Reusing Windshield”.
Using thepiano wire with bare hands can cause injury. Always wear gloves when using the
3. Avoiding the pin on the inside of the vehicle, insert the piano wire which has been cut to sufficient length.
4. Wind each end of the piano wire around a bar.
Use a long sawing action to spread the work over the whole length of the piano wire to prevent it from breaking due to localized heating.
5. Secure one end of the piano wire, and while pulling the other end, cut the sealant around the quarter window glass.
6. Pull the quarter window glass outward and detach the pins from the body.
7. If a pin or fastener is damaged, remove it.
Before removing the pins or spacers from the quarter window glass, place alignment marks on the quarter window glass.
Oil Cooler Removal/Installation [Fw6 A EL]
1. Remove the battery cover.. 2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.. 3. Remove the aerodynamic under cover NO.2.. 4. Drain the ATF.. 5. Drain the engine coolant.. 6. Remove in the order indicated in the table. 1 Water hose (connected to the water pipe) ...
Starter Interlock Switch Removal/Installation [C66 M R]
1. Remove the battery cover.. 2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.. 3. Disconnect the starter interlock switch connector. 4. Remove the starter interlock switch from the pedal bracket. 5. Insert a new starter interlock switch into the pedal bracket hole in the direction indicated ...
Clock Spring Adjustment
NOTE: The adjustment procedure is also specified on the caution label of the clock spring. 1. Set the front wheels straight ahead. CAUTION: The clock spring will break if over–wound. Do not forcibly turn the clock spring. 2.