Mazda 3 Service Manual: Rain Sensor Removal/Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
2. Spread open the rain sensor cover in the direction of the arrows and disengage tabs A to remove it.
3. Disconnect the rain sensor connector.
4. Slide rain sensor tab B in the direction of the arrow shown in the figure and detach tab B.
5. Remove the rain sensor in the direction of the arrow shown in the figure.
6. Peel off the rain sensor protective sheet from the rain sensor.
7. Install in the reverse order of removal..
Rain Sensor Installation Note
If the rate at which the rain sensor reflects or transmits infrared light between the rain sensor and the windshield, or through the protective sheet is changed, the rain sensor will determine that there is a malfunction in the rain detection function and stop auto wiper system control. Be careful of the following when installing the rain sensor:
Do not reuse rain sensor protective sheet
Do not touch rain sensor lens, rain sensor protective sheet, and sensor installation area on windshield with your finger
Verify that there is no air bubble after installing rain sensor
1. Wipe off any oil or dirt from the rain sensor lens and the windshield using a clean rag.
2. Peel off double-sided adhesive tape A from the rain sensor protective sheet.
3. Adhere the rain sensor protective sheet to the rain sensor lens.
4. Peel off double-sided adhesive tape B from the rain sensor protective sheet.
5. Install the rain sensor.
6. Press the rain sensor in the direction of the windshield and press out any air bubbles.
7. Verify that there is no air bubble between the windshield and the rain sensor.
Check Valve Inspection [Skyactiv G 2.0]
Airflow Inspection 1. Remove the vacuum hose.. 2. Blow air into the vacuum hose using your mouth from the vacuum pump side and verify that the air flows to the intake manifold side, then blow air from the intake manifold side and verify that the air does not flow to the vacuum pump side. ...
Chart symbols: I: Inspect: Inspect and clean, repair, adjust, fill up, or replace if necessary. R: Replace L : Lubricate C: Clean T: Tighten Remarks: *1 Use of FL-22 is recommended when replacing engine coolant. Using engine coolant other than FL-22 may cause serious damage to the en ...
Generator Disassembly/Assembly [Mzr 2.0, Mzr 2.5]
CAUTION: Melt the solder quickly, otherwise the diodes (rectifier) and regulator will be damaged by excessive heat. 1. Disassemble in the order indicated in the table. 2. Assemble in the reverse order of disassembly.