Mazda 3 Service Manual: Rear Upper Arm Removal/Installation
1. When working on the right side of the vehicle, disconnect the canister vent (CV) solenoid valve from the rear crossmember. (MZR 2.0 (Except Mexico), SKYACTIV-G 2.0, MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo, MZR 2.5 (Except Mexico))
2. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
3. Install in the reverse order of removal.
4. Inspect the wheel alignment and adjust it if necessary..
Rear stabilizer control link upper side nut
Rear upper arm
(See Rear Upper Arm Removal Note.)
(See Rear Upper Arm Installation Note.)
Rear Upper Arm Removal Note
1. Rotate the rear stabilizer component downwards as shown in the figure.
2. Jack up the vehicle to the unloaded condition, and support the trailing link using a jack.
3. Remove the rear upper arm.
Rear Upper Arm Installation Note
1. Install the rear upper arm so that IN mark is facing toward the inside of the vehicle.