Mazda 3 Service Manual: Side Air Bag Sensor No. 1 RemovalInstallation Two Step Deployment Control System
Mazda 3 Service Manual: Side Air Bag Sensor No. 1 Removal/Installation [Two Step Deployment Control System]
Handling the side air bag sensor improperly can accidentally operate (deploy) the air bag module, which may seriously injure you. Read the air bag system service warnings and cautions before handling the side air bag sensor..
1. Switch the ignition to off.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait for1 min or more
3. Remove the front scuff plate..
4. Remove the rear scuff plate..
5. Remove the B-pillar lower trim..
6. Remove the nut.
7. Remove the side air bag sensor No.1.
8. Disconnect the connector from the side air bag sensor No.1 by pressing the connector tab in the direction of the arrow.
9. Install in the reverse order of removal.
10. Switch the ignition to ON.
11. Verify that the air bag system warning light illuminates forapprox. 6 s
and goes out.