Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Correct driver's seat position
Observe the safety guidelines on seat adjustment
•► Check whether you have adjusted seat = properly.
Electrical seat adjustment (Y page 100) When adjusting the seat, make sure:
- you are as far away from the driver's air bag as possible.
- you are sitting in a normal upright position.
- you can fasten the seat belt properly.
- you have moved the backrest to an almost vertical position.
- you have set the seat cushion angle so that your thighs are gently supported.
- you can depress the pedals properly.
Check whether the head restraint is adjusted properly (Y page 100).
When doing so, make sure that you have adjusted the head restraint so that the back of your head is supported at eye level by the center of the head restraint.
Observe the safety guidelines on steering wheel adjustment
•► Check whether steering wheel 1 is adjusted properly.
Adjusting the steering wheel electrically
When adjusting the steering wheel, make sure:
- you can hold the steering wheel with your arms slightly bent.
- you can move your legs freely.
- you can see all the displays in the instrument cluster clearly.
Observe the safety guidelines for seat belts
•► Check whether you have fastened seat belt 2 properly.
The seat belt should:
- fit snugly across your body
- be routed across the middle of your shoulder
- be routed in your pelvic area across the hip joints
•► Before starting off, adjust the rear-view mirror and the exterior mirrors in such a way that you have a good view of road and traffic conditions.
•► Vehicles with a memory function: save the seat, steering wheel and exterior mirror settings
Useful informationThis Operator's Manual describes all models and all standard and optional equipment of your vehicle available at the time of publication of the Operator's Manual. Country-specific differences ...
Locking the doors
Press the “” button to lock all doors and rear gate (Outback). An electronic chirp will sound once and the turn signal lights will flash once. If any of the doors (or the rear gate/trunk li ...
Voice command system
Talk switch To turn on the voice command system, press the talk switch briefly.