Nissan Altima: Parking/parking on hills.
● Do not stop or park the vehicle over flammable materials such as dry grass, waste paper or rags. They may ignite and cause a fire.
● Safe parking procedures require that both the parking brake be set and the transmission placed into P (Park) for CVT models or in an appropriate gear for manual transmission models. Failure to do so could cause the vehicle to move unexpectedly or roll away and result in an accident. Make sure the shift selector has been pushed as far forward as it can go and cannot be moved without depressing the foot brake pedal.
● Never leave the engine running while the vehicle is unattended.
● Do not leave children unattended inside the vehicle. They could unknowingly activate switches or controls. Unattended children could become involved in serious accidents.
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Manual transmission models: Place the shift selector in the R (Reverse) position. When parking on an uphill grade, place the shift selector in 1st gear. Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models:
Move the shift selector to the P (Park) position.
3. To help prevent the vehicle from rolling into traffic when parked on an incline, it is a good practice to turn the wheels as illustrated.
● HEADED DOWNHILL WITH CURB: 1
Turn the wheels into the curb and move the vehicle forward until the curb side wheel gently touches the curb.
● HEADED UPHILL WITH CURB: 2
Turn the wheels away from the curb and move the vehicle back until the curb side wheel gently touches the curb.
● HEADED UPHILL OR DOWNHILL, NO CURB: 3
Turn the wheels toward the side of the road so the vehicle will move away from the center of the road if it moves.
4. Place the ignition switch in the LOCK position and remove the key.
Increasing fuel economy● Accelerate slowly and smoothly. Maintain cruising speeds with a constant accelerator position. ● Drive at moderate speeds on the highway. Driving at high speed lowers fuel economy. ...
Power steeringThe power assisted steering uses a hydraulic pump, driven by the engine, to assist steering. If the engine stops or the drive belt breaks, you will still have control of the vehicle. However, much ...
Closing the trunk lid
Drive with the trunk lid closed Only drive with the tailgate closed; otherwise, in the event of an accident or braking or evasive maneuvers, passengers or other road users may be injured or th ...
Recirculation/air quality system
Recirculation This function can be used to shut out exhaust fumes, smoke, etc., from the passenger compartment.