- Do not expose the battery to flames, an electrical spark or a cigarette. Hydrogen gas generated by the battery is explosive.
Explosive gases can cause blindness or injury. Do not allow battery fluid to contact your skin, eyes, fabrics or painted surfaces. Sulfuric acid can cause blindness or injury. After touching a battery or battery cap, do not touch or rub your eyes. Thoroughly wash your hands. If the acid contacts your eyes, skin or clothing, immediately flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Do not operate the vehicle if the fluid in the battery is low. Low battery fluid can cause a higher load on the battery which can generate heat, reduce battery life, and in some cases lead to an explosion.
- When working on or near a battery, always wear suitable eye protection and remove all jewelry.
- Battery posts, terminals and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds.
Wash hands after handling.
- Keep battery out of the reach of children.
- Do not tip the battery. Keep the vent caps tight and the battery level.