Nissan Rogue Owners Manual: Rear-facing child restraint installation usingLATCH
Nissan Rogue Owners Manual: Rear-facing child restraint installation using LATCH
For additional information, refer to all Warnings and Cautions in the “Child Safety” and “Child Restraint” sections before installing a child restraint.
NISSAN does not recommend the use of the lower anchors if the combined weight of the child and the child restraint exceeds 65 lbs (29.5 kg). If the combined weight of the child and the child restraint is greater than 65 lbs (29.5 kg), use the vehicle’s seat belt (not the lower anchors) to install the child restraint. Be sure to follow the child restraint manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
Follow these steps to install a rear-facing child restraint in the 2nd row seats using the LATCH system:
- Position the child restraint on the seat. Always follow the child restraint manufacturer’s instructions.
Rear-facing webbing-mounted – step 2
- Secure the child restraint anchor attachments to the LATCH lower anchors. Check to make sure the LATCH attachment is properly attached to the lower anchors.
Rear-facing rigid-mounted – step 2
Rear-facing – step 3
- For child restraints that are equipped with webbing-mounted attachments, remove any additional slack from the anchor attachments.
Press downward and rearward firmly in the center of the child restraint with your hand to compress the vehicle seat cushion and seatback while tightening the webbing of the anchor attachments.
Rear-facing – step 4
- After attaching the child restraint, test it before you place the child in it. Push it from side to side while holding the child restraint near the LATCH attachment path. The child restraint should not move more than 1 inch (25 mm), from side to side. Try to tug it forward and check to see if the LATCH attachment holds the restraint in place. If the restraint is not secure, tighten the LATCH attachment as necessary, or put the restraint in another seat and test it again. You may need to try a different child restraint or try installing by using the vehicle seat belt (if applicable). Not all child restraints fit in all types of vehicles.
- Check to make sure the child restraint is properly secured prior to each use. If the child restraint is loose, repeat steps 2 through 4.