Nissan Rogue Service Manual: EPS warning lamp
Component Function Check
1.CHECK THE ILLUMINATION OF THE EPS WARNING LAMP
Check that the EPS warning lamp turns ON when ignition switch turns ON. Then, EPS warning lamp turns OFF after the engine is started.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> Inspection End.
NO >> Perform trouble diagnosis. Refer to STC-28, "Diagnosis Procedure".
- Turn the ignition switch OFF to ON.
- Perform “EPS” self-diagnosis.
Is any DTC detected? YES >> Check the DTC. Refer to STC-13, "DTC Index".
NO >> GO TO 2.
2.CHECK EPS WARNING LAMP SIGNAL
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
CAUTION: Never start the engine.
- Select “DATA MONITOR” of “EPS” and select “WARNING LAMP”.
- Check that the EPS warning lamp is turned ON.
- Start the engine.
CAUTION: Never drive the vehicle.
- Check that the EPS warning lamp is turned OFF.
Is the inspection result normal? YES >> Perform the trouble diagnosis for combination meter power supply circuit. Refer to WCS-39, "COMBINATION METER : Diagnosis Procedure".
NO >> EPS control unit is malfunctioning. Replace steering column assembly. Refer to STC-36, "Removal and Installation".