Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Control cable
- Control cable
- Lock plate
- Transaxle assembly
- Bracket A
- Bracket B
- CVT shift selector assembly
- Manual lever
Removal and Installation
Always apply the parking brake before performing removal and installation.
- Apply the parking brake.
Make sure the vehicle cannot move with the parking brake applied.
- Remove the center console assembly. Refer to IP-17, "Removal and Installation".
- Move the shift selector to вЂњPвЂќ position
- Remove the control cable from the shift selector assembly with the following procedure.
- Disconnect the tip (A) of control cable from the shift selector assembly.
- Remove socket (B) from shift selector assembly.
- Disengage the pawls (B) of the grommet (A), and pull downwards to remove.
- Remove the battery. Refer to PG-50, "Removal and Installation (Battery)".
- Remove the control cable installation nut (A) from the manual lever (B).
- Remove the lock plate (1).
- Remove the tunnel stay (1).
- Remove the exhaust front tube and sub muffler from the exhaust system. Refer to EX-5, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the heat plate fixtures (A).
- Remove the control cable (1) from the bracket (2).
- Remove the control cable from the vehicle.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- From below the vehicle, press the grommet (A) into place until the pawls (B) make a click sound.
- Place the grommet on the floor, then fasten it in place from below the vehicle.
- Check that pulling down on the grommet does not disconnect it.
- Pay attention to the following when connecting the control cable to the shift selector.
- When connecting the control cable (1) to the shift selector assembly (2), face the grooved surface of the rib (A) up and insert the control cable until it stops.
- Install the socket (A) onto the shift selector.
- Place the socket onto the shift selector, then fasten it in place from above.
- Check that the pulling on the socket does not disconnect it.
Inspection and Adjustment
INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT
Check the CVT position. If a malfunction is found, adjust the CVT position. Refer to TM-150, "Inspection" (Inspection) or TM-150, "Adjustment" (Adjustment).
CVT Shift selectorExploded View Shift selector knob Lock pin Knob cover Position indication panel Detent switch Shift lock unit Park position switch Shift selector assembly Shift selector harne ...
Key interlock cableExploded View Shift selector assembly Clip Key interlock cable Clip Key cylinder Removal and Installation REMOVAL CAUTION: Always apply the parking brake before performing remov ...
Daytime light system inoperative
Description The daytime light system is inoperative even though the combination switch (lighting and turn signal switch) and parking brake switch are in the normal setting, also whenever engine is operating. Diagnosis procedure 1.Check daytime light operation Perform bcm(headlamp) daytim ...
Output speed sensor
Exploded View Transaxle assembly Output speed sensor O-ring : Vehicle front : Always replace after every disassembly. : NВ·m (kg-m, in-lb) : Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-3 Removal and Installation REMOVAL Disconnect the output speed sensor harness connector. Remove ...
Accelerator pedal released position learning
Description Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning is a function of ECM to learn the fully released position of the accelerator pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal position sensor output signal.