Programming for entrance gates and garage door openers in Canada
1. Unplug the motor of the entrance gate or garage door opener from the outlet.
If any of the HomeLink® buttons are already programmed for other devices, skip step 2 because it clears the memory of all three buttons.
1) HomeLink® button 1
2) HomeLink® button 2
3) HomeLink® button 3
2. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons (button 1 and button 3) until the HomeLink® indicator light begins to flash (after approximately 20 seconds). Then release both buttons.
3. Hold the end of the entrance gate’s/ garage door opener’s hand-held transmitter between 1 and 3 inches (25 and 76 mm) away from the HomeLink® button you wish to program.
4. Press and hold the desired HomeLink® button.
5. Press and release (“cycle”) the handheld transmitter button every 2 seconds until step 6 is complete.
6. When the indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly after several seconds, release both buttons.
7. Plug the motor of the entrance gate/ garage door opener to the outlet.
8. Test your entrance gate/garage door opener by pressing the programmed HomeLink® button.