SRS airbag system servicing
● When discarding an airbag module or scrapping the entire vehicle damaged by a collision, consult your SUBARU dealer.
● The SRS airbag has no userserviceable parts. Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS airbag system. For required servicing of the SRS airbag, consult your nearest SUBARU dealer. Tampering with or disconnecting the system’s wiring could result in accidental inflation of the SRS airbag or could make the system inoperative, which may result in serious injury.
If you need service or repair in areas indicated in the following list, have the work performed by an authorized SUBARU dealer. The SRS airbag control module, impact sensors and airbag modules are stored in these areas.
● Under the center console ● Inside each front fender ● Steering wheel and column and nearby areas ● Top of the dashboard on front passenger’s side and nearby areas ● Each front seat and nearby area ● Inside each center pillar ● Inside each front door ● In each roof side (from the front pillar to a point over the rear seat) ● Between the rear seat cushion and rear wheel house on each side ● Under the rear center seat
In the event that the SRS airbag is deployed, replacement of the system should be performed only by an authorized SUBARU dealer. When the components of the SRS airbag system are replaced, use only genuine SUBARU parts
In the following cases, contact your SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.
● The front part of the vehicle was involved in an accident in which only the driver’s SRS frontal airbag or both driver’s and front passenger’s SRS frontal airbags did not deploy.
● The pad of the steering wheel, the cover over the front passenger’s SRS frontal airbag, or either roof side (from the front pillar to a point over the rear seat) is scratched, cracked, or otherwise damaged.
● The center pillar, front door, rear wheel house or rear sub frame, or an area near these parts, was involved in an accident in which the SRS side airbag and SRS curtain airbag did not deploy.
● The fabric or leather of either front seatback is cut, frayed, or otherwise damaged.
● The rear part of the vehicle was involved in an accident.