Toyota Camry: Switching the display
Each timeis pressed, the display changes in the following order:
Track no./Elapsed time → Folder name → File name → Album title (MP3 only) → Track title → Artist name.
■USB memory functions
●Depending on the USB memory that is connected to the system, the device itself may not be operable and certain functions may not be available.
If the device is inoperable or a function is unavailable due to a malfunction (as opposed to a system specification), disconnecting the device and reconnecting it once again may resolve the problem.
●If the USB memory still does not begin operation after being disconnected and reconnected, format the memory.
“ERROR”: This indicates a problem in the USB memory or its connection.
“NO MUSIC”: This indicates that no MP3/WMA files are included in the USB memory.
USB memory that can be used for MP3 and WMA playback
●Compatible device formats
The following device formats can be used:
• USB communication formats: USB2.0 FS (12 Mbps)
• File formats: FAT12/16/32 (Windows)
• Correspondence class: Mass storage class
MP3 and WMA files written in any format other than those listed above may not play correctly, and their file names and folder names may not be displayed correctly.
Items related to standards and limitations are as follows:
• Maximum directory hierarchy: 8 levels
• Maximum number of folders in a device: 999 (including the root)
• Maximum number of files in a device: 9999
• Maximum number of files per folder: 255
●MP3 and WMA files
MP3 (MPEG Audio LAYER 3) is a standard audio compression format.
Files can be compressed to approximately 1/10 of their original size using MP3 compression.
WMA (Windows Media Audio) is a Microsoft audio compression format.
This format compresses audio data to a size smaller than that of the MP3 format.
There is a limit to the MP3 and WMA file standards that can be used and to the media/formats on which the files are recorded.
●MP3 file compatibility
• Compatible standards
MP3 (MPEG1 AUDIO LAYERIII, MPEG2 AUDIO LAYERIII, MPEG2.5)
• Compatible sampling frequencies
MPEG1 AUDIO LAYERIII: 32, 44.1, 48 (kHz)
MPEG2 AUDIO LAYERIII: 16, 22.05, 24 (kHz)
MPEG2.5: 8, 11.025, 12 (kHz)
• Compatible bit rates (compatible with VBR)
MPEG1 AUDIO LAYERII, III: 32-320 (kbps)
MPEG2 AUDIO LAYERII, III: 8-160 (kbps)
MPEG2.5: 8-160 (kbps)
• Compatible channel modes: stereo, joint stereo, dual channel and monaural
●WMA file compatibility
• Compatible standards
WMA Ver. 7, 8, 9
• Compatible sampling frequencies
HIGH PROFILE 32, 44.1, 48 (kHz)
• Compatible bit rates
HIGH PROFILE 48-320 (kbps, CBR)
The only files that can be recognized as MP3/WMA and played are those with the extension .mp3 or .wma.
●ID3 and WMA tags
ID3 tags can be added to MP3 files, making it possible to record the track title, artist name, etc.
The system is compatible with ID3 Ver. 1.0, 1.1, and Ver. 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 ID3 tags. (The number of characters is based on ID3 Ver. 1.0 and 1.1.).
WMA tags can be added to WMA files, making it possible to record the track title and artist name in the same way as with ID3 tags.
●MP3 and WMA playback
• When a device containing MP3 or WMA files is connected, all files in the USB memory are checked. Once the file check is finished, the first MP3 or WMA file is played. To make the file check finish more quickly, we recommend that you do not include any files other than MP3 or WMA files or create any unnecessary folders.
• When the USB memory is connected and the audio source is changed to USB memory mode, the USB memory will start playing the first file in the first folder. If the same device is removed and reinserted (and the contents have not been changed), the USB memory will resume play from the same point in which it was last used.
If the file extensions .mp3 and .wma are used for files other than MP3 and WMA files, they will be skipped (not played).
• To play MP3 files with steady sound quality, we recommend a fixed bit rate of at least 128 kbps and a sampling frequency of 44.1 kHz.
• There is a wide variety of freeware and other encoding software for MP3 and WMA files on the market, and depending on the status of the encoding and the file format, poor sound quality or noise at the start of playback may result. In some cases, playback may not be possible at all.
• Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Media are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S.A. and other countries.
■Caution while driving Do not connect USB memory or operate the controls.
■If the auxiliary box lid cannot be fully closed Depending on the size and shape of the USB memory that is connected to the system, the auxiliary box lid may not close fully. In this case, do not forcibly close the lid as this may damage the USB memory or the terminal, etc.
■To prevent damage to USB memory ●Do not leave USB memory in the vehicle. The temperature inside the vehicle may become high, resulting in damage to the player.
●Do not push down on or apply unnecessary pressure to the USB memory while it is connected as this may damage the USB memory or its terminal.
●Do not insert foreign objects into the port as this may damage the USB memory or its terminal.
Have maintenance carried out
Have vehicles maintained regularly to achieve optimal vehicle economy and operating life. Have the maintenance carried out by your service center. Please also note the BMW Maintenance System ...
Starting the Engine
Move the shift lever to P (Park) or N (Neutral). The engine will not start in any other position. To restart the engine when the vehicle is already moving, use N (Neutral) only. Notice: Do n ...
Tilt/telescopic steering wheel
WARNING Do not adjust the steering wheel tilt/ telescopic position while driving. This may cause loss of vehicle control and result in personal injury. 1. Adjust the seat position.