Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Brake fluid
: wash the brake fluid off immediately if it comes into contact with any painted surface. Hint
: if any work is done on the brake system or if air in the brake lines is suspected, bleed the air from the system.
1. Fill reservoir with brake fluid fluid: sae j1703 or fmvss no. 116 Dot3
2. Bleed master cylinder
: if the master cylinder has been disassembled or if the reservoir becomes empty, bleed the air from the master cylinder.
- disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder.
- slowly depress the brake pedal and hold it.
- Block off the outer holes with your fingers, and release the brake pedal.
- repeat (b) and (c) 3 or 4 times.
3. Bleed brake line
- Connect the vinyl tube to the brake caliper.
- depress the brake pedal several times, then loosen the bleeder plug with the pedal held down.
- at the point when fluid stops coming out, tighten the bleeder plug, then release the brake pedal.
Torque: 8.3 Nvm (85 Kgf·cm, 74 in.Vlbf)
- repeat (b) and (c) until all the air in the fluid has been bled out.
- Repeat the above procedures to bleed the air out of the brake line for each wheel.
4. Check fluid level in reservoir
- Check the fluid level and add fluid if necessary.
Fluid: sae j1703 or fmvss no.