Toyota Highlander Service Manual: Chassis
1. INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE
(a) Check the steering linkage for looseness or damage.
- Tie rod ends do not have excessive play.
- Dust seals and boots are not damaged.
- Boot clamps are not loose.
(b) Inspect the dust cover for damage.
2. INSPECT STEERING GEAR HOUSING OIL
(a) Check the steering gear housing for oil leakage.
If leakage is found, check for cause and repair it.
3. INSPECT BALL JOINTS AND DUST COVERS
(a) Inspect the ball joints for excessive looseness.
Maximum ball joint vertical play: 0 mm (0 in.)
(b) Check the dust cover for damage.
4. INSPECT DRIVE SHAFT BOOTS
(a) Inspect the drive shaft boots for clamp looseness, grease leakage or damage.
5. INSPECT TRANSAXLE FLUID (See page 40-2 )
6. Canada: REPLACE TRANSAXLE FLUID (See page 40-2 )
7. INSPECT TRANSFER OIL (See page 31-4 )
8. Canada: REPLACE TRANSFER OIL (See page 31-4 )
9. INSPECT AND REPLACE LSD OIL (w/ LSD) (See page 29-5 )
10. INSPECT DIFFERENTIAL OIL (4WD only)
(a) Remove the filler plug and touch inside the hole with your finger. Check that the oil comes to within 5 mm (0.20 in.) of the bottom edge of the hole. If the level is low, add oil until it begins to flows out of the filler hole.
Grade: See page 29-5
11. Canada: REPLACE DIFFERENTIAL OIL (4WD only) (See page 29-5 )
12. ROTATE TIRES (See page 28-1 )
BrakeON-VEHICLE INSPECTION 1. INSPECT BRAKE LINE PIPES AND HOSES HINT: Check in a well-lighted area. Check the entire circumference and length of the brake hoses using a mirror as required. Turn t ...
ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION 1. Canada: TIGHTEN BOLTS AND NUTS ON CHASSIS AND BODY (a) Where necessary, tighten all the parts of the chassis. Front axle and suspension Drive train Rear axle and su ...
More about Toyota Highlander:
Spiral cable sub-ASSY
REPLACEMENT HINT: COMPONENTS: See page 60-16 . Installation is in the reverse order of removal. 1. PRECAUTION (SEE PAGE 60-1 ) 2. DISCONNECT BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL (SEE PAGE 60-1 ) 3. PLACE FRONT WHEELS FACING STRAIGHT AHEAD 4.