Toyota RAV4 Owners Manual: Air outlets and air flow Toyota RAV4 Owners Manual: Air outlets and air flow
Toyota RAV4 Owners Manual: Air outlets and air flow
Upper body and feet
Feet and windshield
Switching between outside air and recirculated air modes
The mode switches between outside air mode (indicator off) and recirculated air mode (indicator on) each time
Adjusting the position of and opening and closing the air outlets
Front center outlets
- Direct air flow to the left or right, up or down.
- Turn the knob to open or close the vent for rear seat occupants.
Front side outlets
Direct air flow to the left or right, up or down.
- Open the vent.
- Close the vent.
Operation of the air conditioning system in eco drive mode
In eco drive mode, the air conditioning system is controlled to prioritize fuel efficiency by regulating the engine speed and compressor operation to restrict the heating/cooling capacity.
To improve air conditioning performance, turn off eco drive mode.
Fogging up of the windows
The windows will easily fog up when the humidity in the vehicle is high.
Turningon will dehumidify the
air from the outlets and defog the windshield effectively.
- If you turnoff, the windows
may fog up more easily.
- The windows may fog up if the recirculated air mode is used.
Outside/recirculated air mode
When driving on dusty roads such as tunnels or in heavy traffic, set the outside/ recirculated air mode button to the recirculated air mode. This is effective in preventing outside air from entering the vehicle interior. During cooling operation, setting the recirculated air mode will also cool the vehicle interior effectively.
When outside air temperature approaches 32„af (0„ac)
The air conditioning system may not operate even when is pressed.
Ventilation and air conditioning odors
- To let fresh air in, set the air conditioning system to the outside air mode.
- During use, various odors from inside and outside the vehicle may enter into and accumulate in the air conditioning system. This may then cause odor to be emitted from the vents.
- To reduce potential odors from occurring: it is recommended that the air conditioning system be set to outside air mode prior to turning the vehicle off.
Air conditioning filter
To prevent the windshield from fogging up
Do not set the air outlet selection dial to during cool air operation in
extremely humid weather. The difference between the temperature of the outside air and that of the windshield can cause the outer surface of the windshield to fog up, blocking your vision.
To prevent battery discharge
Do not leave the air conditioning system on longer than necessary when the engine is off.