Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Engine immobiliser system malfunction
This dtc is output when one of the following occurs: 1) the ecm detects errors in its own communications with the transponder key ecu; 2) the ecm detects errors in the communication lines; or 3) the ecu communication id between the transponder key ecu and ecm is different and an engine start is attempted. Before troubleshooting for this dtc, make sure no transponder key ecu dtcs are present. If present, troubleshoot the transponder key ecu dtcs first.
- Check for dtc
- Delete the dtc (see page ei-18).
- Recheck for dtc.
Ok: b2799 output does not reoccur.
- Check wire harness (transponder key ecu - ecm)
- Disconnect the e46 ecu connector.
- Disconnect the a9 ecm connector.
- Measure the resistance of the wire harness side connectors.
- Check transponder key ecu (operation)
- Temporarily replace the transponder key ecu with a new or normally functioning one.
- Check that then engine starts normally.
Ok: engine starts normally.
End (transponder key ecu is defective)
Drl relay circuit
Description The main body ecu controls the daytime running light no. 2 Relay (marking: drl no.2). Wiring diagram Inspection procedure Inspect daytime running light relay (marking: drl no. 2, Drl no. 3, Drl no. 4) Remove the no. 2 Relay, no. 3 Relay and no. 4 Relay from th ...
Remove radiator grille sub-assembly Remove the 4 bolts and 4 nuts. Detach the 6 claws and remove the radiator grille. Remove no. 1 Radiator grille lower Detach the 18 claws and remove the radiator grille. Remove no.