Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Ignition coil
- Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Remove no. 1 Engine cover (see page es-410)
- Remove ignition coil assembly
- Disconnect the 4 ignition coil connectors.
- Remove the 4 bolts and 4 ignition coils.
- Install ignition coil assembly
- Install the 4 ignition coils with the 4 bolts.
Torque: 9.0 N*m (92 kgf*cm, 80 in.*Lbf)
- Connect the 4 ignition coil connectors.
- Install no.