Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Installation
Be sure to read the precautionary notices concerning the srs airbag system before servicing it (see page rs-1).
- Install steering pad assembly
- Support the steering pad with one hand as shown in the illustration.
- Connect the 2 airbag connectors.
When handling the airbag connector, do not damage the airbag wire harness.
- Connect the horn connector.
- Install the steering pad after confirming that the circumference grooves of the screws are caught on the screw case.
- Using a t30 "torx" driver, install the 2 screws.
Torque: 8.8 N*m (90 kgf*cm, 78 in.*Lbf)
- Connect cable to negative battery terminal
- Inspect steering pad assembly
- Check for cuts, cracks or discoloration on the steering pad outer surface and in the grooved portion.
- Check that the horn sounds.
- Check srs warning light
- Check the srs warning light (see page rs-34).