Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Ventilation valve
- Remove no. 1 Engine cover (see page em-22)
- Remove ventilation valve sub-assembly
- Disconnect the ventilation hose from the ventilation valve.
- Using a 22 mm deep socket wrench, remove the ventilation valve.
- Inspect ventilation valve sub-assembly
- Install a clean hose to the ventilation valve.
- Check the ventilation valve operation.
- Blow air into the cylinder head side, and check that air passes through easily.
Do not suck air through the valve.
Petroleum substances inside the valve are hazardous to your health.
- Blow air into the intake manifold side, and check that air passes through with difficulty.
If the result is not as specified, replace the ventilation valve sub-assembly.
- Remove the clean hose from the ventilation valve.
- Install ventilation valve sub-assembly
- Apply adhesive to 2 or 3 threads of the ventilation valve.
Adhesive: toyota genuine adhesive 1324, three bond 1324 or equivalent
- Using a 22 mm deep socket wrench, install the ventilation valve.
Torque: 19 n*m (194 kgf*cm, 14 ft.*Lbf)
- Connect the ventilation hose.
- Install no. 1 Engine cover (see page em-43)
- Check for engine oil leaks
Vacuum switching valveComponents Removal Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal Caution: Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent ai ...
Air fuel ratio sensorComponents On-vehicle inspection Check air fuel ratio compensation system Connect the intelligent tester to the dlc3. Turn the ignition switch on. Select the following menu item ...
Downhill assist control indicator light remains on
Description When the downhill assist control switch is pushed on, the downhill assist control function is available and the downhill assist control indicator light illuminates. Hint: Even if the downhill assist control switch is pressed, the downhill assist control indicator light will blink ...
Only rear door rh lock / unlock functions do not operate
Description The main body ecu receives lock / unlock switch signals and activates the door lock motor accordingly. Wiring diagram Inspection procedure Inspect rear door with motor lock assembly rh Apply the battery voltage to the door lock motor and check the operation of th ...
Problem symptoms table
Hint: Use the table below to help determine the cause of the problem symptom. The potential causes of the symptoms are listed in order of probability in the "suspected area" column of the table. Check each symptom by checking the suspected areas in the order they are listed.