Toyota Sienna 2010-2018 Owners Manual: Bluetooth
When using the Bluetooth® audio system
- In the following conditions, the system may not function.
- If the portable audio player is turned off
- If the portable audio player is not connected
- If the portable audio player’s battery is low
- There may be a delay if a cellular phone connection is made during Bluetooth® audio play.
- Depending on the type of portable audio player that is connected to the system, operation may differ slightly and certain functions may not be available.
When using the hands-free system
- The audio system is muted when making a call.
- If both parties speak at the same time, it may be difficult to hear.
- If the received call volume is overly loud, an echo may be heard.
If the Bluetooth® phone is too close to the system, quality of the sound may deteriorate and connection status may deteriorate.
- In the following circumstances, it may be difficult to hear the other party:
- When driving on unpaved roads
- When driving at high speeds
- If a roof or window is open
- If the air conditioning is blowing directly on the microphone
- If there is interference from the network of the cellular phone
Conditions under which the system will not operate
- If using a cellular phone that does not support Bluetooth®
- If the cellular phone is turned off
- If you are outside of cellular phone service coverage
- If the cellular phone is not connected
- If the cellular phone’s battery is low
- When outgoing calls are controlled, due to heavy traffic on telephone lines, etc.
- When the cellular phone itself cannot be used
- When transferring contact data from the cellular phone
The antenna is built into the display.
If the Bluetooth® device is behind the seat or in the glove box or console box, or is touching or covered by metal objects, the connection status may deteriorate.
Battery charge/signal status
- This display may not correspond exactly with the portable audio player or cellular phone itself.
- This system does not have a charging function.
- The portable audio player or cellular phone battery will be depleted quickly when the device is connected to Bluetooth®.
When using the Bluetooth® audio and hands-free system at the same time
The following problems may occur.
- The Bluetooth® audio connection may be interrupted.
- Noise may be heard during Bluetooth® audio playback.
About the contact in this system
The following data is stored for every registered cellular phone. When another phone is connecting, you cannot read the registered data.
- Contact data
- Call history
When removing a Bluetooth® phone from the system, the above-mentioned data is also deleted.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by PIONEER CORPORATION is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The Bluetooth® audio system supports portable audio players with the following specifications
- Bluetooth® specifications: Ver. 2.0, or higher (Recommended: Ver. 3.0+EDR or higher)
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Ver. 1.0, or higher (Recommended: Ver. 1.2 or higher) This is a profile to transmit stereo audio or high quality sound to the audio system.
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) Ver. 1.0 or higher (Recommended: Ver. 1.4 or higher) This is a profile to allow remote control the A/V equipment.
However, please note that some functions may be limited depending on the type of portable audio player connected.
The hands-free system supports cellular phones with the following specifications.
- Bluetooth® specification: Ver. 2.0 or higher (Recommended: Ver. 3.0+EDR or higher)
- HFP (Hands Free Profile) Ver. 1.0 or higher (Recommended: Ver. 1.6 or higher) This is a profile to allow hands-free phone calls using a cellular phone or head set. It has outgoing and incoming call functions.
- OPP (Object Push Profile) Ver. 1.1 or higher (Recommended: Ver. 1.2) This is a profile to transfer contact data. When a Bluetooth® compatible cellular phone has both PBAP and OPP, OPP cannot be used.
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) Ver. 1.0 or higher (Recommended: Ver. 1.1) This is a profile to transfer contact data.
- MAP (Message Access Profile) Ver.1.0 or higher This is a profile to using phone message.
If the cellular phone does not support HFP, you cannot register it with the hands-free system. OPP, PBAP or MAP services must be selected individually.
Certifications for the Bluetooth (caution)
- For vehicles sold in the U.S.A.
FCC ID: AJDK068
NOTE: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: Radio Frequency Radiation Exposure This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets the FCC radio frequency (RF) Exposure Guidelines. This equipment has very low levels of RF energy that it deemed to comply without maximum permissive exposure evaluation (MPE). But it is desirable that it should be installed and operated keeping the radiator at least 20 cm or more away from person’s body in normal use position.
FCC WARNING: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Co-Location: This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
- For vehicles sold in Canada
- This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard( s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
- Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes : (1) l’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et (2) l’utilisateur de l’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d’en compromettre le fonctionnement.
CAUTION: Radio Frequency Radiation Exposure This equipment complies with IC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets RSS-102 of the IC radio frequency (RF) Exposure rules.
This equipment has very low levels of RF energy that it deemed to comply without maximum permissive exposure evaluation (MPE). But it is desirable that it should be installed and operated keeping the radiator at least 20cm or more away from person’s body in normal use position.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d’exposition aux rayonnements énoncées pour un environnement non contrôlé et respecte les règles d’exposition aux fréquences radioélectriques (RF) CNR-102 de l’IC. Cet équipement doit être installé et utilisé en gardant une distance de 20 cm ou plus entre le dispositif rayonnant et le corps en utilisation normale.
The Bluetooth® antenna cannot be removed (or replaced) by user.
L’antenne Bluetooth® ne peut pas être supprimé (ou remplacé) par l’utilisateur.
Reconnecting the portable audio player
If the portable audio player is disconnected due to poor reception, the system automatically reconnects the portable audio player.
If you have switched off the portable audio player yourself, follow the instructions below to reconnect:
- Select the portable audio player again
- Enter the portable audio player
When you sell your car
Be sure to delete your personal data.
Do not operate the portable audio player, cellular phone or connect a device to the Bluetooth® system.
Caution regarding interference with electronic devices
When leaving the vehicle
Do not leave your portable audio player or cellular phone in the vehicle. The inside of the vehicle may become hot, causing damage to the portable audio player or cellular phone.
Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance
DTC P050B Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance DESCRIPTION This monitor will run when the engine is started at -10 to 50C (14 to 122F) of the engine coolant temperature. The DTC will set after the engine idling for 13 seconds (2 trip detection logic). The DTC is designed to monitor the i ...
Rear Occupant Classification Sensor RH Circuit Malfunction
DTC B1783 Rear Occupant Classification Sensor RH Circuit Malfunction DESCRIPTION The rear occupant classification sensor RH circuit consists of the occupant classification ECU and the rear occupant classification sensor RH. DTC B1783 is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the rear oc ...
COMPONENTS Adjustment HINT: Since a centering bolt is used as a hood hinge mounting bolt and hood lock mounting bolt, the hood and hood lock can not be adjusted with them on. Substitute a bolt with a washer for the centering bolt. 1.