Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Drive belt
1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL RH
2. REMOVE FRONT FENDER APRON SEAL RH (See page EM-26)
3. REMOVE V-RIBBED BELT
(a) Using SST, release the belt tension by turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, and remove the Vribbed belt from the belt tensioner.
(b) While turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, align with its holes, and then insert the 5 mm bihexagon wrench into the holes to fix the V-ribbed belt tensioner.
1. INSPECT V-RIBBED BELT
(a) Visually check the V-ribbed belt for excessive wear, frayed cords, etc.
If any defect has been found, replace the V-ribbed belt.
Cracks on the rib side of a V-ribbed belt are considered acceptable.
If the drive belt has chunks missing from its ribs, it should be replaced.
- A "new belt" is a belt which has been used for less than 5 minutes with the engine running.
- A "used belt" is a belt which has been used for 5 minutes or more with the engine running.
2. INSPECT V-RIBBED BELT TENSIONER ASSEMBLY
(a) Check that nothing gets caught in the tensioner by turning it clockwise and counterclockwise.
If a malfunction exitsts, replace the tensioner.
1. INSTALL V-RIBBED BELT
(a) Install the V-ribbed belt.
(b) Using SST, turn the belt tensioner counterclockwise and remove the bar.
(c) If it is difficult to install the V-ribbed belt, perform the following procedure:
(1) Put the V-ribbed belt on every pulley except the tensioner pulley as shown in the illustration.
(2) While releasing the belt tension by turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, put the Vribbed belt on the tensioner pulley.
(3) After installing the V-ribbed belt, check that it fits properly in the ribbed grooves. Confirm that the belt has not slipped out of the grooves on the bottom of the crank pulley by hand.
2. INSTALL FRONT FENDER APRON SEAL RH (See page EM-62) 3. INSTALL FRONT WHEEL RH Torque: 103 N*m (1050 kgf*cm, 76 ft.*lbf)
EngineON-VEHICLE INSPECTION 1. INSPECT ENGINE COOLANT (a) Inspect the engine coolant (See page CO-1). 2. INSPECT ENGINE OIL (a) Inspect the engine oil (See page LU-1). 3. INSPECT BATTERY (a) Inspect t ...
Engine front oil sealCOMPONENTS REMOVAL 1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL RH 2. REMOVE FRONT FENDER APRON SEAL RH (See page EM-26) 3. REMOVE V-RIBBED BELT (See page EM-6) 4. REMOVE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY (a) Using SST, loos ...
Skid Control Buzzer Circuit
DESCRIPTION The skid control buzzer sounds and SLIP indicator blinking during VSC operation. WIRING DIAGRAM INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1 PERFORM ACTIVE TEST USING INTELLIGENT TESTER (SKID CONTROL BUZZER) (a) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. (b) Start the engine. (c) Select the ...
HINT: Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side. The procedures listed below are for the LH side. 1.