Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Hood
HINT: Since a centering bolt is used as a hood hinge mounting bolt and hood lock mounting bolt, the hood and hood lock can not be adjusted with them on. Substitute a bolt with a washer for the centering bolt.
1. INSPECT HOOD SUB-ASSEMBLY
- Check that the clearance is within the standard range.
2. ADJUST HOOD SUB-ASSEMBLY
- Horizontally adjust the hood.
- Loosen the 4 hood hinge mounting bolts on the hood side.
- Adjust the clearance by moving the hood, so that it will be in the standard range.
Standard (A): 4.0 +- 1.5 mm (0.157 +- 0.059 in.)
- Tighten the hood side hinge bolts after the adjustment.
Torque: 13 N*m (130 kgf*cm, 10 ft.*lbf)
- Adjust the height of the hood front end using the cushion rubber.
- Adjust the cushion rubber so that the hood and the fender will be aligned.
HINT: The cushion rubber goes up and down when turned.
- Adjust the hood lock.
- Remove the front bumper cover (See page ET- 3).
- Using a screwdriver, disengage the 4 claws and remove the hood lock release lever protector.
HINT: Tape the screwdriver tip before use.
NOTICE: Removing the protector damages the clips inside the protector. Therefore, the use of a new protector is necessary for installation.
- Loosen the 3 hood lock mounting bolts.
- Adjust the striker position by moving the hood lock, so that the striker can enter smoothly.
- Tighten the hood lock bolts after the adjustment.