Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Internal Control Module Random Access Memory(RAM) Error
Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Internal Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM) Error
DTC P0604 Internal Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM) Error
The ECM continuously monitors its own internal memory status, internal circuits, and output signals transmitted to the throttle actuator. This self-check ensures that the ECM is functioning properly. If any malfunction is detected, the ECM sets the appropriate DTC and illuminates the MIL.
The ECM memory status is diagnosed by internal mirroring of the main CPU and the sub CPU to detect Random Access Memory (RAM) errors. The two CPUs also perform continuous mutual monitoring. The ECM illuminates the MIL and sets a DTC if: 1) outputs from the two CPUs are different or deviate from the standards, 2) the signals sent to the throttle actuator deviate from the standards, 3) a malfunction is found in the throttle actuator supply voltage, and 4) any other ECM malfunction is found.
TYPICAL ENABLING CONDITIONS
TYPICAL MALFUNCTION THRESHOLDS
ECM RAM errors:
Read freeze frame data using the intelligent tester. Freeze frame data records the engine condition when malfunctions are detected. When troubleshooting, freeze frame data can help determine if the vehicle was moving or stationary, if the engine was warmed up or not, if the air-fuel ratio was lean or rich, and other data from the time the malfunction occurred.
1 CHECK ANY OTHER DTCS OUTPUT (IN ADDITION TO DTC P0604)
- Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Turn the tester on.
- Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DTC INFO / CURRENT CODES.
- Read DTCs.
System VoltageDTC P0560 System Voltage MONITOR DESCRIPTION The battery supplies electricity to the ECM even when the ignition switch is off. This power allows the ECM to store data such as DTC history, freeze ...
ECM / PCM ProcessorDTC P0606 ECM / PCM Processor DESCRIPTION The ECM continuously monitors its internal processors (CPUs), A/F sensor transistors and heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) transistors. This self-check ensures ...
1. Inspect intake air surge tank assembly (A) inspection procedure when applying voltage between the terminals: (1) Disconnect the connector from the intake air control valve. (2) Apply battery voltage between terminals 1 (-) and 2 (+) of the intake air control valve. Check that a click ...
1. INSTALL NO. 2 REAR SEAT OUTER BELT ASSEMBLY NOTICE: Do not disassemble the retractor. Check the degree of tilt when the No.