Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Mirror Switch Circuit
- A switch signal of the outer mirror switch is transmitted to the selected outer mirror control ECU by way of the body ECU. Then, the outer mirror control ECU activates the mirror motor to move the mirror UP, DOWN, RIGHT and LEFT in response to the inputs.
HINT: The power mirror control system is part of the multiplex communication system (BEAN). This system features shared communication wiring that reduces the wiring complexity of the communication lines.
The first step in any repair is to confirm the proper operation of the communication system. Proceed with troubleshooting after the communication has been verified (See Multiplex Communication System).
1 INSPECT OUTER MIRROR SWITCH
- Remove the outer mirror control switch.
- Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below when the switch is operated.
*1: The L or R of the left / right adjustment switch.
2 CHECK WIRE HARNESS (OUTER MIRROR SWITCH - MAIN BODY ECU RH)
- Disconnect the B6 ECU connector.
- Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
PROCEED TO NEXT INSPECTION SHOWN IN PROBLEM SYMPTOMS TABLE
Mirror Motor CircuitDESCRIPTION A mirror control switch signal and memorized mirror positions are sent to the outer mirror control ECU. The outer mirror control ECU drives the selected mirror UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIG ...
1. REMOVE FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSH DUST BOOT (a) Using soft jaws on the vise, hold the front disc brake cylinder mounting LH in the vise through aluminum plates. (b) Using a screwdriver and hammer, remove the 2 front disc brake bush dust boots from the front disc brake cylinder mounting LH. ...
Safety information for children
Observe the following precautions when children are in the vehicle. Use a child restraint system appropriate for the child, until the child becomes large enough to properly wear the vehicle’s seat belt. It is recommended that children sit in the rear seats to avoid accidental contact ...
Clearance warning ECU
COMPONENTS REMOVAL 1. REMOVE FRONT DOOR SCUFF PLATE LH 2. REMOVE COWL SIDE TRIM BOARD LH 3. REMOVE INSTRUMENT PANEL FINISH PANEL SUBASSEMBLY LOWER LH 4. REMOVE NO. 1 INSTRUMENT PANEL SAFETY PAD INSERT SUB-ASSEMBLY 5.