Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Power steering fluid
1. BLEED POWER STEERING SYSTEM
(a) Check the fluid level (See page PS-2).
(b) Jack up the front of the vehicle and support it with stands.
(c) Turn the steering wheel.
(1) With the engine stopped, turn the steering wheel slowly from lock to lock several times.
(d) Lower the vehicle.
(e) Start the engine.
(1) Run the engine at idle for a few minutes.
(f) Turn the steering wheel.
(1) With the engine idling, turn the steering wheel left or right to the full lock position and keep it in that position for 2 to 3 seconds, then turn the steering wheel to the opposite full lock position and keep it there for 2 to 3 seconds.
(2) Repeat this procedure several times.
(g) Stop the engine.
(h) Check for foaming or emulsification.
HINT: If the system has to be bled twice because of forming or emulsification, be sure to check for fluid leaks in the system.
(i) Check the fluid level (See page PS-2).
On-vehicle inspection1. INSPECT DRIVE BELT (a) Visually check the drive belt for excessive wear, frayed cords, etc. If any defect is found, replace the drive belt. HINT: Cracks on the rib side of a belt are con ...
Steering Angle Sensor Zero Point Malfunction
DTC C1290/66 Steering Angle Sensor Zero Point Malfunction DESCRIPTION The skid control ECU acquires steering angle sensor zero point every time the ignition switch is turned to the ON position and the vehicle is driven at 35 km/h (22 mph) or more for approximately 5 seconds.