Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Radio Receiver Communication Error
1 IDENTIFY THE COMPONENT SHOWN BY THE SUB-CODE
- Enter the diagnostic mode
- Press the preset switch "3" to change to "Detailed Information Mode".
- Identify the component shown by the sub-code.
- "190 (radio receiver)" is the component shown by the subcode in the example shown in the illustration.
- For details of the DTC display, refer to "DTC CHECK/ CLEAR"
2 CHECK POWER SOURCE CIRCUIT OF COMPONENT SHOWN BY SUB-CODE
- Inspect the power source circuit of the component shown by the sub-code.
If the power source circuit is operating normally, proceed to the next step.
|Stereo component amplifier (440)||Stereo component amplifier power source circuit|
|Television display assembly (1B0)||Television display assembly power source circuit|
3 INSPECT RADIO RECEIVER
- Disconnect the radio receiver connectors.
- Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
*1: 10 Speaker System
4 CHECK HARNESS AND CONNECTOR (RADIO RECEIVER - COMPONENT SHOWN BY SUB-CODE)
- Start the check from the circuit that is near the component shown by the sub-code first.
- For details of the connectors, refer to the "TERMINALS OF ECU".
- Referring to the AVC-LAN wiring diagram below, check the AVC-LAN circuit between the radio receiver and the component shown by the sub-code.
- Disconnect all connectors between the radio receiver and the component shown by sub-code.
- Check for an open or short in the AVC-LAN circuit between the radio receiver and the component shown by the sub-code.
OK: There is no open or short circuit.
5 REPLACE COMPONENT SHOWN BY SUB-CODE
- Replace the component shown by the sub-code with a normal one and check if the same problem occurs again.
OK: Same problem does not occur.
NOTICE: Do not adjust the brake booster push rod. Do not change the combination of the diameter converting unit and brake. 1. DRAIN BRAKE FLUID NOTICE: Wash the brake fluid off immediately if it attaches to any painted surfaces. 2. SEPARATE BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL 3.