Toyota Sienna Service Manual: When servicing full-time 4wd vehicles
The full-time 4WD SIENNA is equipped with the open center differential system.
If incorrect preparations or test procedures are used, the test will not only be unsuccessful, but may be dangerous as well.
Therefore, before beginning any such servicing or test, be sure to check the following items:
- Whether wheels should be touching ground or jacked up
- Transaxle gear position
- Maximum testing vehicle speed
- Maximum testing time
(a) Before Beginning Test
This vehicle does not have a center diff. lock mode or 4WD (Normal) Mode to allow only the front or rear wheel to be rotated.
The test method for this vehicle is different from that for vehicles equipped with the center diff. lock mode or 4WD (Normal) Mode, so make sure to use the correct test method.
Braking Force Test
(Vehicle Speed: Below 0.5 km/h or 0.3 mph) When performing low-speed type brake tester measurements, observe the following instructions.
(1) Position the wheels to be tested (front or rear) on the tester.
(2) Shift the transaxle shift lever to "N" position.
(3) Idle the engine, operate the brake booster and perform the test.
(c) Speedometer Test or Other Tests
(Using Speedometer Tester or Chassis Dynamometer)
When performing test at high speed or high load, use the methods shown below.
*: This is to avoid damaging the center differential.
(d) On-Vehicle Wheel Balancing
On-Vehicle Wheel Balancing
When doing on-vehicle wheel balancing on a fulltime 4WD vehicle, to prevent the wheels from rotating at different speeds in different directions from each other (which could damage the center differential), always be sure to observe the following precautions:
(1) All 4 wheels should be jacked up, clearing the ground completely.
(2) The parking brake lever should be fully released.
(3) None of the brakes should be allowed to drag.
(4) The wheels should be driven on the wheel balancer with the engine running.
When doing this, be careful of the other wheels, which will rotate at the same time.
(5) Avoid sudden acceleration, deceleration and braking.
(6) Carry out wheel balancing with the transaxle in D position.
1 BASIC INSPECTION Check the conditions necessary for the power slide door to open: Power slide door main switch is in the ON position (switch free: orange paint on the top of the switch appears). Slide door is unlocked (door lock position switch is in the ON position when ...
(A) when using the obd ii scan tool or intelligent tester: clearing the dtcs. (1) Connect the intelligent tester together with the CAN VIM (controller area network vehicle interface module) to the DLC3. (2) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and turn the OBD II scan tool or the inte ...
Short in Driver Side Squib Circuit
DTC B0100/13 Short in Driver Side Squib Circuit DESCRIPTION The driver side squib circuit consists of the center airbag sensor assembly, the spiral cable and the steering pad. The circuit instructs the SRS to deploy when deployment conditions are met.