Toyota Tacoma 2015-2018 Service Manual: All Door Entry LockUnlock Functions do not Operate, but Wireless Functions Operate
Toyota Tacoma 2015-2018 Service Manual: All Door Entry Lock/Unlock Functions do not Operate, but Wireless Functions Operate
- When the electrical key transmitter sub-assembly is brought near the front door outside handle assembly LH, the possibility of wave interference decreases, and it can be determined if wave interference is causing the problem symptom.
- If the inspection result is that the problem only occurs in certain locations or at certain times of day, the possibility of wave interference is high. Also, added vehicle components may cause wave interference. If installed, remove them and perform the operation check.
- There may be wave interference if the vehicle is near broadcasting antennas, large video displays, wireless garage door opener systems, wireless security cameras, home security systems, etc. In this case, move the vehicle to a different location and check if there is any improvement.
- If a tool for checking radio waves, such as a signal strength meter, is available, move around the area while observing both the LF band (used by the vehicle antenna to form the detection area) and RF band (used by the electrical key transmitter sub-assembly for transmission) to check for locations where there is wave interference.
- The transmitting wave of the wireless function and entry function are the same, but the wave logic is different. As a result, it is possible that only the wireless function or only the entry function is affected by wave interference.