Volvo S60: Before a long distance trip
It is always worthwhile to have your vehicle checked by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician before driving long distances. Your retailer will also be able to supply you with bulbs, fuses, spark plugs and wiper blades for your use in the event that problems occur.
As a minimum, the following items should be checked before any long trip:
- Check that engine runs smoothly and that fuel consumption is normal.
- Check for fuel, oil, and fluid leakage
- Have the transmission oil level checked.
- Check condition of drive belts.
- Check state of the battery's charge.
- Examine tires carefully (the spare tire as well), and replace those that are worn. Check tire pressures.
- The brakes, front wheel alignment, and steering gear should be checked by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician only.
- Check all lights, including high beams.
- Reflective warning triangles are legally required in some states/provinces.
- Have a word with a trained and qualified Volvo service technician if you intend to drive in countries where it may be difficult to obtain the correct fuel.
- Consider your destination. If you will be driving through an area where snow or ice are likely to occur, consider snow tires.